Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Boy oh Boy am I busy


As the busy summers comes to a close, I think about all that has gone on. I kept some wild and crazy fun loving kids and my kids, well, lets just say the word "energy" couldn't completely describe them. We have begun the year here and the key work this school year is "budget". Some say green, others say thrifty, here we just say "saving money."


For one, our crafting is all about recycling and reusing. All of our 4H projects will be made with as much "thrift" store finds and we can muster. The girls are making purses, bags, and hats out of old clothing. Daniel will rewire a lamp and make it new.


Cleaning is another thing we are trying to turn around. We won't be tossing out what cleaners we already own, but we are not buying things we can make a lot cheaper at home. For one is homemade laundry soap. I got this idea a few years ago from the Duggar family. We talked about it for a while and now have decided to give it a shot. Also, all purpose cleaners and glass cleaners can be cheaply made.


I am also toying with the idea of not buying a school curriculum this year and doing it myself. This will save us loads. I am a bit nervous though. But, I know with God all things are possible.


I am hoping to have the time (HAHAHA) to write on this blog more often. It's hard. I wanted to write a blog for the the busy Catholic mom, and ironically, I am one of those and don't have time to write it.


email me with any questions or ideas. shanealaina@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment